A waterproof socket is a plug with waterproof performance, and can provide a safe and reliable connection for electricity and signals. For example: LED street lights, LED drive power, LED display screens, lighthouses, cruise ships, industrial equipment, communication equipment, detection equipment, commercial plazas, highways, villa exterior walls, gardens, parks, etc., all need to use waterproof sockets. So do you know what the principle of the waterproof socket is? Do you know how to install a waterproof socket?
Brief introduction of waterproof socket
A waterproof socket is not only a plug with waterproof performance, but also provides a safe and reliable connection for electricity and signals. For example: LED street lights, LED drive power, LED display screens, lighthouses, cruise ships, industrial equipment, communication equipment, detection equipment, commercial plazas, highways, villa exterior walls, gardens, parks, etc., all need to use waterproof sockets.
There are many brands and types of waterproof sockets on the market, including traditional waterproof sockets for home life, such as triangular plugs, etc., can be called sockets, but they are generally not waterproof. So how to determine the waterproof socket, the waterproof measurement is IP, the current highest level of waterproof is IP68, there are currently many domestic manufacturers of waterproof plugs, but there are few real industrial and household sockets, and general household electrical plugs cannot be used very much inconvenient.
Household outdoor waterproof socket, 220V 10A three-plug, two-plug plug can be used in non-protected state to meet the home. (Protection level IP66 can meet the needs of families. IP66 is violently sprayed in all directions without water ingress, soaked in 1 meter of water for 1 hour without water ingress.) It should be noted that outdoor sockets are generally PC materials, so anti-aging should be considered.
Principle of waterproof socket
The waterproof socket is a waterproof box with a cover added to the outside of the general wall socket. The box is in contact with the wall with a rubber cushion, so it can be waterproof; some waterproof sockets are made of plastic rainproof jacket, with the inner stub Next, supporting special skewer. There are three-phase four-wire, three-phase five-wire supporting skewer and skewer.
Installation of waterproof socket
First remove the socket, then put the waterproof cover behind the socket, and then connect the wire to the socket interface according to the polarity (fire wire to L interface, zero wire to N interface, and ground wire to E interface). Tighten the tightening screws, it is best to put the fixing screws of the socket on the wall.
Bathroom waterproof socket installation
The bathroom is the wettest place in the home, and the outlet is more prone to splashing water, so you must pay special attention to the selection and installation of the outlet in the bathroom:
1. When installing the socket of the bathroom, it should be installed as high as possible, away from the spout or water outlet device.
2. The socket of the bathroom must be protected by a protective cover. Choose a switch with a plastic protective film.
3. When purchasing the socket, check whether the socket clip is sufficiently tight, the insertion force is sufficient, and the socket clip must be tough. The current socket clip structure mostly adopts the strong extrusion method, so the bite force between the plug and the clip is greatly increased, and the phenomenon of heat generation during long-term use is avoided. At the same time, the strong extrusion makes the plug not easy to fall, which is effective Reduced the power outage caused by human factors.
4. When using, make sure your hands are dry, and do not use switches and sockets with water.
5. Strictly control the quality of the switch sockets, the products purchased by themselves are unqualified, even if people use electricity safely, there is a hidden danger of leakage.
Outdoor waterproof socket installation
For the convenience of lighting in the home, many people also install sockets outdoors, such as balconies, courtyard pavilions, etc. Outdoors due to rain and other reasons, so the choice of sockets should pay more attention to:
1. The socket should be installed in a hidden place where the rain cannot reach.
2. Choose a brand-name waterproof socket with better quality. The quality of the waterproof socket is not good. The safety hazards are greater when used in wet outdoor weather.
3. Cut off the outdoor power as much as possible on rainy days to avoid causing other accidents, and try not to be close to places with electricity as much as possible.
4. Outdoor sockets are waterproof, dustproof and anti-aging, so professional waterproof sockets must be used.
5. The protection level requirements of outdoor plugs and sockets are relatively high, it is recommended to choose IP55 or above.
Post time: Apr-28-2020